The Sac and Fox National Public Library opened in 1987 as one of the first Tribal libraries in the nation and the only Tribal public library in Oklahoma. The SFNPL contains nearly 9,000 books divided into multiple categories:
• FICTION – “Easy” for young children who don’t yet read, “Juveniles” for young readers, “Young Adult” and “Adult.” Adult fiction contains audio-books and large print for those with eyesight difficulty.
• BIOGRAPHY – Contains both juvenile and adult books on various individuals.
• NON-FICTION – Contains both juvenile and adult books on a wide variety of subjects. The SFNPL contains one of the largest non-fiction collections of books on various Native American tribes and issues.
• REFERENCE – This section is continually updated with current materials that cannot be checked out;
• RESTRICTED – Contains materials specific to Sac and Fox; most cannot be checked out, but can be viewed
• DVDS and CDs – Contains more than 1900 DVDs (classics and new releases) and CDs in circulation
•AUDIOBOOKS -Nearly 100 audio books on fiction and history
•CAKE PANS - Yes, we loan novelty cake pans! And cookie cutters.