Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements for me to be eligible to register my car with the Sac and Fox Tax Commission and get a Sac and Fox tag?
You must be an enrolled Sac and Fox Tribal Member. You must live within the jurisdiction of the Sac and Fox Nation. You must also reside on trust properties, individual allotments, restricted lands, or Indian housing.
- How much will it cost for me to register my car with the Sac and Fox Tax Commission?
The cost of the registration is based on the year model of the vehicle. The cost of registration decreases as the vehicle gets older. The first year the vehicle is registered with the Sac and Fox Tax Commission there is a $10.00 title fee added to the registration cost. For exact cost of registration, contact the Sac and Fox Tax Commission at 918-968-3526.
- What information will I need to register my car with the Sac and Fox Tax Commission?
You will need the title to your vehicle and your proof of insurance verification.
- When do I need to purchase a sales tax registration permit?
You must purchase a sales tax registration permit any time you conduct any type of sales on Indian Land (Trust Properties, Tribal Land, Indian Housing, Individual Allotments, Restricted Lands) that is within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Sac and Fox Nation.
- Where is the jurisdiction of the Sac and Fox Nation?
The Sac anf Fox Nation's jurisdiction covers portions of Payne, Lincoln, and Pottawatomie counties. The northern boundary is the Cimarron river and the southern boundary is the North Canadian River. The Creek Nation lies to the east and the Iowa Tribe and the Kickapoo Tribe lie to the west.