Sales Tax Registration Instructions
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 1994 the Sac and Fox Nation imposed a $5.00 fee on all sales
tax registrations issued. The registration (permit) is valid for one (1) year
from date of issuance.
In accordance with the Sac & Fox Nation General Revenue and Taxation Law every person conducting sales within the Nation's jurisdiction is required to apply for and receive a sales tax registration, in addition to collecting a 8% sales tax on items sold (Effective January 1, 2003).
The tax collected is to be reported and remitted to the Sac and Fox Tax Commission, on or before the 14th day of the month proceeding the month in which sales were conducted.
• Enclosed is an "application for sales tax registration" which should be completed and returned with the $5.00 fee.
• If prior year sales tax is due and owing the Sac and Fox Nation, payment in full is necessary before the application for a current sales tax registration is processed.
• If you are unsure if the tax has been remitted on prior year/s sales you may contact the Tax Commission.
• If no tax is owed, the registration will be mailed. If payment of past year taxes is due, upon arrival at the Sac and Fox Nation you will be required to notify the Tax Commission to make payment and to receive the Sales Tax Registration.
• When sales are being conducted the registration card must be displayed in the area of sales. Periodic inspections will be performed to insure each vendor is registered and the registrations are displayed.
• A sales tax report form will be provided to each vendor receiving a sales tax registration which needs to be completed and submitted along with the Sales Tax collected.
• The report is due on or before the 14th day of the month preceding the month in which sales were conducted. If submitted after the due date, a late penalty is imposed at the rate of 1.66% per month.
Tax Commission staff will be available to assist vendors with completion of the form and/or to answer any questions. (918) 968-3526